To make sure not to forget an important event and be able to remember details even years after, keep the following tips in mind when designing your photo book:
1. split your photo book into chapters
- Create an outline: either chronologically, January to December, or in a thematic order.
- For example, you can arrange photos of your daily adventures with the kids in one chapter, family trips are to be found later in chapter 2.
- To make it short: Tell a story in your Pixum Photo Book!
2. the cover
Introduce each month or topic with a new cover image to create a seamless story. Also, the design of the cover plays an important role:
- With the cover image you determine the topic of your annual review, but without anticipating everything at once.
- Do not immediately use your favourite picture for the title page - the book should still be interesting and full of hidden gems.
3. add text
A little text can't spoil a photo book.
- A short description of each event, such as the date or place, helps to recall the experience more vividly.
- A few insider jokes from the vacation? Or the funniest children's sayings? Here you will find enough space for these and let the viewer smile again and again later.
- Any useful hints for text design in the photo book? Have a look at our top 5 tips on working with texts in a photo book.