If you do not have a suitable picture, why not have a look at artboxONE? There you will find countless black and white images for your wall art. Many of the pictures there have been captured by contemporary photographers and young, upcoming professionals!
Arrange your own picture gallery made of black and white photography with a trendy nostalgic touch. Benefit of the great variety of materials and sizes at Pixum.
Create beautiful picture wall with memories worth printing.
Black and white images have always fascinated people. When the colours are muted, only the actual statement of the image remains. We focus on the essentials and our eye follows the fine contours, the strong contrasts and the extraordinary composition. However, not every subject suits a black and white design. It may well be that a targeted selection of the image that is the key to creating an outstanding piece of Wall Art.
For large-scale black and white photographs, the best photos are those which capture strong contrasts. Everyday situations as well as special details such as photos of architecture or macro shots might be a good idea. Typical images for black and white Wall Art include:
- cities and architecture: photographs of architectural masterpieces from an extraordinary perspective or enhance your living room with an image of the trendy New York skyline or a fancy shot of a Parisian street café
- animals in black and white: due to the high contrast between the stripes, zebras look very interesting in black and white. Powerful lions or a portrait of your pet can also be great subjects for your new Wall Art
- contrasting images: images with a strong contrast between light and dark are definitely suitable for black and white pictures. Try using piano keys, a chessboard pattern, or shots with lots of light and shadows
- portrait photos: turn your portraits to the black and white scale to discover the character of the subject anew
- black and white classics: to your own collection, add reproductions of the works of famous black and white photographers such as Henri Cartier-Bresson, Nick Brandt, James Nachtwey, Matt Stuart and Michael Kenna. This will add your picture wall a modern touch and show your good taste
You can have your black and white photo printed on any Wall Art material. However, our Aluminium Prints seem to be a very good idea. Thanks to the silky matt surface of aluminium which prevents any light reflections, this wall art material will let the focus stay on the image itself. Otherwise, you can opt for a Forex Print if you are looking for a very light material due to the nature of your walls. An aluminium print adds the photo a rather dynamic feeling, while a Forex Print adds a soft touch to the photo which might be preferable for portrait photography.
Decoration tip: if you have several black and white images that match one particular style or theme, you can also order them as Framed Prints. Use a black frame (for example, "Classic Black") for an elegant picture gallery. If you choose different sizes and print several photos, you might want to arrange them traditionally, e.g. in the Petersburger hanging style or in a gallery-like style. Find other tips on arranging your gallery wall in this article.
Unlock your creativity with Pixum!
Order your Photo Prints online - the best quality for your best memories with a 100-year colour guarantee!
Unlock your hidden creativity with a personalized pencil box from Faber-Castell! Design a box of 12 Colour Grip colour pencils or a tin of 24 Goldfaber Aqua watercolour pencils.
Enjoy award-winning quality with a wide range of sizes - design Photo Books in vibrant colours and premium materials!
Order a custom photo puzzle for more quality time with the family! It will definitely help you boost your family team spirit.
Cooking is your passion? Then it's time to capture your best recipes in your own cookbook - quickly and easily with our design tips!
Design your photos on our premium grade Canvas Prints - in lots of sizes and formats, with brilliant colours and high UV resistance! A great gif for your family.